Montigo Resort: Paradise a boat ride away.
I’ve heard much raves on Montigo resort for a while now. Following those instagram pictures of clean white and blue against the lust green, enticed me so much.
We were very lucky that my mom won a voucher for a night at Montigo because these villas despite being in Batam, fetch a much high price range of $400 to $750 a night compared to their other hotel counterparts.
The lobby area.
The hotel has won several awards for their designs and furnishing. The style is a mix of high end resort and Scandinavian minimalistic. Again, I love how its all monochrome with a touch of blue and enhance by the lush greenery around them.
The lobby stair well has a impressive view of the ocean the villas cascading down but it also has a view of the no yet completed section of the resort which will be sold as private residence, I can’t say I’m not tempted.
The pools have all the infinity style edges overlooking the ocean and palm trees.
The double beds rooms, simply decorated but oh the bedding is divine! I could sleep here forever!
I particularly love these driftwood sulptures that each of the villa has which is unique to each house. Can’t say what exactly but i’ve had a deep love for drift wood and this is a great idea for my future home one day!
Our private infinity pool, unfortunately the weather was no with us those days so we didn’t manage to see the awesome sunset that was raved about 😦 There is also a rooftop where you can have BBQ, filled with lounge beds and pillows, on a clear night it must be fantastic to watch the stars at night.
How to get there :
Book a ferry on BatamFast from Tanah Merah Ferry terminal to Nongsa . It should cost about $45 for a return trip.
Usually the hotel will arrange transportation from the ferry terminal to the hotel.
Things to do or note there :
– Prepare a $100 sgd cash deposit as they will require it.
– Swim, lounge, eat, sleep, spa, watch TV.
– There are activities for kids and complementary yoga class in the morning so ask the staff to arrange if you’d like to Ohmmmm in the morning.
– Thats basically it, it’s a great place to connect with loved ones or have honeymoon, not a great range of activities but its good and quiet.
– Beach not great and I do not recommend swimming.
What to eat there:
– The breakfast looks great but isn’t good. There is a wide spread but food just below average.
– Theres only 3 restaurants there, the chinese restaurant (below the main lobby) or the restaurant by the main pool, they also have a BBQ bar open at night.
– There is a small kitchen in each villa so you can cook your own food if you prefer and even have a bbq on the rooftop!! (Room service food was good)